If you choose to forgo the bank link option within the online application portal, only the following can be accepted as proof of income: Consecutive paystubs for the last 60 days or your most recent year's federal income tax return.
- Total net household income must equal a minimum of (2.5) times the monthly rent, OR, total gross household income must equal a minimum of (3) times the monthly rent.
- Net income for guarantors must equal a minimum of (4) times their applicant's portion of the monthly rent, OR, gross income must equal a minimum of (5) times their applicant's portion of the monthly rent.
RECOMMENDED (FASTEST) - Verify income directly through your bank account with Plaid. For more information about Plaid, click here.
- Encrypted - Transfer of your information is encrypted end-to-end.
- Private - Your credentials will never be made accessible to Findigs application software or to Charleston Property Company.
- Instant - Linking your bank account will process your application faster.****
If you choose to forgo the bank link option, you must upload your proof of income according to the guidelines listed below:
- Consecutive pay stubs from the last 60 days.****
- If self-employed, a copy of most recent tax return must be provided.
- If you are starting a new job, you may provide a signed and dated offer letter on company letterhead. Please note that a signed offer letter or employment verification letter may be used to supplement your proof of income documentation but must be accompanied with either consecutive pay stubs for the last 60 days or the most recent year's tax returns if you were previously self-employed.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT: Bank statements in the form of an attachment or any other source of unverifiable income. If you wish to prove your income through a bank statement, it must be done through the bank link feature mentioned above.
****Additional documentation may be required upon request to further verify income.
The proof of income requirement may be waived if the entire cost of the lease is pre-paid in full.