Income Requirements - Total gross household income must equal a minimum of (3) times the monthly rent. Gross income for guarantors applying on behalf of an undergraduate student must equal a minimum of (5) times their applicant's portion of the monthly rent.
Credit Requirements - 600 minimum credit score. Lower credit score (if determined to be accepted) may result in a required contingency/credit approval fee and/or a higher deposit.
Criminal Background - Misdemeanors within the last 5 years or felonies within 10 years which are crimes against persons or property, convictions related to drugs, or certain sex offender crimes would be cause for denial.
Rental History - Evictions and/or outstanding balances due to a current or previous landlord would be cause for denial.
Employment requirements - At least 6 months at current place of employment and/or 2 years of employment in the same field
Pets - Each applicant must complete the pet verification/screening process. This is not only for pet and animal owners but also for applicants that DO NOT own a pet or animal. Any and all pets are required to be listed on the application. Click here to begin the pet verification/screening process. If your pets are accepted, pet fees may be charged.
Before submitting an application, please note the following:
- We are not set up to accept Section 8 vouchers at this time
- Application fees are $60 per person and are non-refundable - no exceptions
- Properties are advertised and are to be accepted "as-is"
- Each adult over the age of 18 that intends to occupy the property must apply - NO EXCEPTIONS. Undergraduate students and applicants that cannot provide proof of income must apply with a guarantor.
- After each prospective resident has completed the online application, we will conduct a basic screening. If the application meets our basic requirements, applicants will be notified within (1) business day and will move forward to the next step.
- Each applicant will be asked to provide additional documentation, and your application will move forward for review***
***IF THE PROPERTY HAS AN APPLICATION DEADLINE ON THE LISTING DESCRIPTION, applicants will be notified if they meet our basic requirements within (1) business day after all online applications have been submitted, but the application will not be reviewed or fully processed until the date of the deadline, when the application decision will be made. These applications are not approved on a first-come, first-serve basis - they are approved based on which application is the most qualified for the home in accordance with the South Carolina Fair Housing Law.
IN SOME CASES, MULTIPLE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MAY BE SELECTED FOR APPROVAL, IN WHICH CASE, THOSE APPLICANTS WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT THEIR BEST COMPETING OFFER.
PROOF OF INCOME DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
WE DO ACCEPT - Consecutive pay stubs from the last 60 days. If self-employed, a copy of most recent tax return is accepted
WE DO NOT ACCEPT - Bank statements as proof of income or any other source of unverifiable income
STARTING A NEW JOB? If you are starting a new job, you may provide a signed and dated offer letter on company letterhead. Please note that a signed offer letter or employment verification letter may be used to supplement your proof of income documentation but must be accompanied with either consecutive pay stubs for the last 60 days or the most recent year's tax returns if you were previously self-employed.
I AM APPROVED! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Once you have been approved and can verify that you have viewed the property, you will be sent your lease for signature. You will have 48 hours to sign and another 48 hours to pay the reservation fee, which is typically equivalent to the first month's rent. Once your lease term has begun and you take possession of the home, the reservation fee will be converted to the security deposit.
- Prior to receiving your keys, the first month's rent plus (1) resident setup fee of $100 will be due.
- Each lease will be enrolled in Charleston Property Company's Resident Benefit Package for $29.99 per month per lease. This program is mandatory for all residents.
- Unless otherwise stated in the listing description, pet fees are as follows: $250 non-refundable pet fee per pet + $25 pet rent per month per pet.
- Residents must provide proof of renters insurance with at least $300K in personal liability upon signing the lease agreement.
As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
Due to the volume of applications that are received every day, the applications department does not accept phone calls. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STILL NEED HELP?